Halloween means slime – right? We’ve tried a few different versions of slime before, but this recipe is hands-down the best for some gooey fun! As I’ve mentioned in previous blog posts, we like to make our Halloween crafts cute rather than creepy and Bob definitely fits the bill!
As a quick word of advice before commencing this activity with the kids, this is best done with older children (from 6+ really) because of the ingredients used – this is definitely not a taste safe recipe! Don’t do this activity unsupervised and make sure that hands are washed thoroughly after use!
You will need:
- 500ml of clear glue
- Saline solution / contact lens solution containing saline
- 1 tsp Baking soda (otherwise known as bicarb of soda)
- Food colouring
- Googly eyes
- Add the majority of the 500ml bottle of clear glue to a mixing bowl. I kept some back to adjust the mixture as needed.
- Mix 1 tsp of baking soda into the glue.
- Use a few drops of food colouring to create the colour of your choice and stir in well.
- Add a few drops of saline and keep mixing with a spoon. You should start to notice the mix binding together.
- Keep adding a few drops until you end up with a stringy ball – it’s best to do this gradually so that the slime doesn’t become too sticky!
- Start to knead the slime with your hands – be patient and the slime should start changing consistency but if its still too sticky, try adding a bit more of the glue to the mix.
- If needed, strain out any extra ‘watery’ mix with a sieve. You should end up with a stretchy, malleable slime that doesn’t break apart easily.
- Once you are happy with the consistency, add in some googly eyes.
- Pour slime mix into an airtight container to preserve.
If you have your own version of slime, i’d love to hear about it in the comments section below or you can tag me into your FB/ insta posts.