Play dough is a brilliantly versatile play tool that suits a variety of ages. We’ve done a whole heap of activities using our homemade dough, from ‘baking’ cookies to aiding spelling practice.
It’s so simple to make that you won’t even need to bother with the shop bought version again. What’s more, you can adapt the recipe to suit your theme.
You will need:
– 2 cups of plain white flour
– ½ cup of salt
– 2tbsp cream tartar
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 2 cups of water (to be added gradually)
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor, with the exception of the water. At first the mixture will almost look like breadcrumbs.
- Pour water into the mix as the final part of the process.
- Add up to 2 cups of water GRADUALLY.
- Store in an airtight container.
This recipe will make a very basic play dough recipe, but to jazz it up add food colouring, food essence, glitter or even glycerine. Just be mindful to adjust the water quantity accordingly.
Themes to try:
Activities to try:
I hope that you will try some (or all!) of these dough themes at home with your children. Please comment below if you have any other suggestions for themes. Don’t forget to check in with our Instagram feed for daily updates.